The Victory

29 Inductees Recognized in De La Salle’s National Honor Society Fall Induction Ceremony

Kevin Wang

Time to pass the torch. Another fresh wave of students have reached the upper echelon of De La Salle Institute, continuing the sacred legacy of Brother J Richard Rush FSC.

A new chapter of National Honor Society will be written, and new leaders will rise to the occasion. On Wednesday, November 9, 2016, 29 inductees were recognized for their scholarship, service, leadership, and character in front of 44 other NHS members. The four pillars of the organization continue to be upheld around the country, strengthening the society’s integrity.

The presidents of NHS, Eduardo Ramirez of the Institute Campus and Allison Galvin of the Lourdes Hall Campus, welcomed the 29 inductees as parents and relatives looked on. A total of eight boys and twenty-one girls were announced. While Mrs. Brown distributed the certificates and pins, Father Paul shook hands with the young men and women.

On a crispy November night, the storied tradition of De La Salle’s National Honor Society continues. Students continue to write their own script in the volume, extending the generations of academic achievement and Christian faith in the century-old history of the Catholic school. Educators continue to train students to be become NHS role models around the nation, extending the generations of successful, competitive American values.

“At this time of the year, all across the nation, young men and women are being inducted into local school chapters of the National Honor Society. What sets apart the young people in this gym from all of those others, though, is the Christian spirit of faith that is evident in everything they do. On behalf of the administration, faculty, and staff of De La Salle Institute, I would likely to congratulate each of our National Honor Society members and particularly, our new inductees. Your demonstration of scholarship, leadership, service, and character are being honored here tonight,” said Mrs. Brown, principal.

An elated Mrs. Brown remarked on the dedication and sacrifice that NHS members, academic deans, and NHS moderators made to the school to make the wonderful night become possible. “Thank you and may God bless each and every one of you.”