The Future is Here, and It’s at De La Salle!

S.T.E.A.M.: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math. The future of our world today has transformed De La Salle as we know it. DLS’ award-winning Robotics Club is a club full of vigorous members who thrive four days out the week to think of the next big thing for their upcoming competitions. Robotics Club started when Mr. Ian Mcnair, the head coach of the Robotics team, received an e-mail from Lane Tech High School about increasing the amount number of robotics teams in schools so it can officially be recognized as an IHSA event.  Mr. Mcnair, with his experience in different fields of engineering such as LEGO EV3 Robotics system for Digital Media Academy and programming, took the challenge and started the Robotics Club at De La Salle.

November 16, 2016 was the official start of the Robotics Club’s second season in competition.  Mr. McNair explains, “Robotics has become much more than just an after school club; it has become a community that pushes its members to the highest level of creativity, diligence, and team work. I am excited to see how we will grow this upcoming year!”

As the Robotic Club has started their second year, the De La Salle Drone Club is in the making. The drone, affectionately named Meteor One, was funded by the athletic department at De La Salle and has flown around football games, amazing several students, guests, and teachers. Faculty members Mr. Cunat and Mr. McNair will be the moderators of the club. The drone is controlled by an app on a smart phone that is attached to a game controller. The drone has a camera and four blades to propel it in the air to the controller’s liking. On the app, one is able to see whatever the drone sees. Though the Drone Club is not in full start, it has gained the interest of many students and faculty members. The future of technology is here, and it has revolutionized our classrooms with our projectors and our clubs, and most of all, it has transformed our lives.

The Victory • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in