The Victory

Lending A Helping Hand With Misericordia

Misericordia is an astonishing program that helps those with mild to profound developmental disabilities. They also serve families that struggle providing the financial assistance or resources necessary for their child to thrive.  This is where Misericordia comes to the rescue. They provide a loving community that allows its residents a sense of freedom and care while still being as independent as they possibly can. Many residents have jobs on the campus such as working at local stores, restaurants, or even on the streets helping raise money to fund Misericordia.

On April 28th I was fortunate to be a part of a group of De La Salle students who were tasked with raising money for Misericordia in downtown Chicago.  I personally enjoyed spending my day raising money for such a good cause. I had the opportunity to meet so many nice people who either support the program or have a family member or friend who lives at the campus. I was told how much they love the organization and how they couldn’t imagine what life would be like for their loved one if it wasn’t for Misericordia. Overall Misericordia is an amazing non-profit organization whose overall goal is to help others function in society. It was an amazing learning experience that I will not soon forget.